You may have seen previous Pulse newsletter articles about Quartz or maybe you have heard or seen the radio and TV ads. As of October 1, 2017, Unity is officially changing its brand name to Quartz. As a Unity Health Insurance (Unity) member, you’ll still have access to the doctors you see now, along with the coverage and the exceptional customer service you have come to expect from Unity.
Topics: Individuals and Families
Breast feeding has a lot of benefits for both baby and mom. Breast milk is known as the most complete form of nutrition for your baby. It promotes health, growth and development.
Breast milk helps keep your baby healthy
- It supplies all of the important nutrients
- It protects against allergies, sickness and obesity
- It protects against diseases, like diabetes and cancer
- It protects against infections, like ear infections
- It is easily digested – less constipation, diarrhea or upset stomach
- Babies tend to have healthier weights as they grow
Breast milk changes during the day to meet babies’ needs
The milk changes in volume and composition depending on the time of day, how often your baby eats and age of baby to promote healthy growth. Breast milk is the perfect food for your baby!
School is underway, and with it the scheduled routines of practice, rehearsals and homework have taken hold. It can be hard to find the time to take a break and just relax. Down time is important for the whole family.
Influenza, or the “flu”, is a respiratory illness caused by the Influenza virus. The flu is most common between October and May. Flu symptoms may include fever, chills, cough, muscle aches, fatigue and congestion. Pregnancy lowers your ability to fight off and avoid infections.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a great time to encourage screening and engage in conversations about breast cancer risks.
Generally not. But you can get free infant health insurance in certain cases –
- You have health insurance through your employer. The plan has no extra charge for adding dependents to your plan.
- Even if your employer doesn’t offer free health insurance for newborns, if the plan provides maternity benefits it must cover hospital stays for the delivery. This includes a stay for the mother and baby 48 hours after a regular delivery.
Having a baby is life-changing in many ways. It can be overwhelming and it’s easy to let things slide and only focus on what needs to be done. Making sure you have the right family health insurance is an essential task. Below are a few things to know.
Finding the right family health insurance can be daunting. First, you have to understand the terms. Then, you have to understand the small but important differences between plans. Having a good idea of how your family actually uses health care can also help you choose the right plan. Here are some tips that may help.
It’s easy to get lots of information about individual health insurance plans in Wisconsin, but how do you know the facts from the myths?
If you’re about to become a parent or recently became one, making sure you have baby health insurance is important. Below are a few ways to get health insurance for babies.